Ingredients for 4 servings
4 cups coconut milk
2 stalks lemongrass, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces and smashed
6 thin slices of fresh or frozen galangal
1 pound chicken breast halves, deboned and skinned
4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, deveined the center
6 small fresh red or green chili peppers, lightly smashed
1/2 cup coconut cream
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
Coriander springs for garnish
In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk over medium heat until gently simmering. Add lemongrass and galangal and simmer for 5 minutes without cover.
Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Add to simmering coconut milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is just firm while stirring frequently. Put lime leaves, chili peppers, and coconut cream and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the fish sauce and the lime juice. Make 4 multi-course servings.
I love to hear your thoughts about this recipe. Please leave your comments below
- Cooking Tips – Betty's Crispy Oven-Baked Parmesan Chicken Breast …
- chicken recipes?
- Good Chicken recipes, to go with fried rice????
- Grow Your Own Kaffir Lime Tree « Thai Food and Travel Blog
- Chili Burn: Can Green Tea and Chili Pepper Burn Fat? « Science …
- Broccoli Potato Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Smokehouse 100% Natural Chicken Breast Strips Dog Treats, 20 Ounce …
- Kaffir lime: another extravagance. « Poor Richard's Almanac
- Freezer Food Friday – Our Favorite Pot Roast with Gravy « What A …
- Coconut Cream Concentrate « Mama Journey