Ingredient for 4 servings
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
1/3 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup tough-chopped bok choy
1/3 cup chopped white cabbage
1/3 cup chopped button mushrooms
2 oz snow peas
2 oz baby corn
1/2 cup warm water
1 stalk lemon grass, smashed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 inch galangal root, thinly sliced
2 lime leaves, deveined and shredded
4 cups water 3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp chili paste
8 large shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 tbsp limejuice
Fresh coriander leaves
Mix and reserve the lemongrass, galangal, and the lime leaves in a bowl.
Soak the tamarind paste in warm water for 15 minute, mash it and transfer the mud-like mixture to a strainer set into a bowl. Mash and push with a spoon, forcing the liquid to strain into the bowl. Scrape off the juice that clings to the underside of the strainer. Save the juice and discard the solids.
Boil 4 cups water in a soup pot. Add the reserved lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves, and boil for 1 minute. Add fish sauce, chili paste and tamarind juice. Lower heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
Add reserved cauliflower, broccoli, bok choy, cabbage, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are heated through but still crunch. Add reserved snow peas and baby corn. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add shrimps and cook for another 2 minutes until the shrimps turn ping and springy. Add 1 tbsp lime juice, stir and, turn off heat. Transfer to a soup bowl, top with fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately.
You can make this soup as a vegetable soup by removing the shrimps from the recipe.
- Chicken Recipes pleaseeee?
- Simple recipes for chicken tenderloins?
- Whats the best recipe for Restaurant Style Chicken Lemon Rice Soup …
- Gobi Manchurian/Cauliflower Fritters in Spicy Sauce | eCurry – The …
- For the Sunday lunch – Arugula, Shrimp, fennel and chick pea salad
- Surprise, surprise!!! – Farfalline "haute couture" with shrimps …
- When you feel like crab again – Crab and shrimp cakes with …
- Shrimps in a green blanket – Spinach Farrotto with garlic oyster …
- Restoran Whatt Kee, Bukit Tinggi Klang – A Whiff of Lemongrass
- What are the health benefits of white button mushrooms? | Health™